Wednesday 10 December 2014

MYSTERY OF THE STOLEN HAIR



Part of my tick in the box for today was to go to the saloon to cut my hair as i prepare myself for all things festivity. Now let me say this: i'm one of those persons that might be more faithful to their barber than to their spouse. I could literally swim the seven seas throng with monsters of the deadliest variety just to get my hair a date with his clipping tool. In fact, i always get that look of "guy are you insane!" from friends anytime they accompany me to my barber's saloon considering the pilgrim-like journey that it involves.Its not really because he's a master-class barber; rather, it's just a case of fidelity on my part. it's not like i have those barber's delight brand of hair.




Now after the usual trimming and shaping, i realised while looking at d mirror that the shaping around my temples were asymmetrical and am like "Guy!, this thing no arrange na?" and this was his reply "Bros, no be my fault: na because your hair don over go inside well well".

Believe me, at that point my life practically flashed passed my eyes. I looked at d mirror again and truly saw that they have taken a giant leap backward.It was like a war for land ownership took place and my hair nation lost the battle so it had to relinquish a portion of its territory and by implication, it retreated.

As i journeyed back home that day, different thoughts fell out sequentially like packs of dominoes in my head. I even made a roll call in my head of some of my friends that have enough hair to last them for eternity but ended up consoling myself with the fact that great and popular people not excluding Tuface and Ramsey Nouah all share d bald/receding hairline curse.


 Hopefully when it fully blossom, i will not be judged by it but if anybody as much as think loud enough for me to hear that they are questioning my competence by it, then i have to bring in Martin Luther jnr into d matter and say "i have a dream that one day, people would be judged by d content of their character and not by the backward movement of their hairline"


i think i should stop myself here. Sorry i had to go melodramatic on u guys. Lets just say am that guy that makes triviality a big fuss!



No comments:

Post a Comment